The theme of my assignments this week is perseverance in the face of sometime insurmountable obstacles. I have felt the desire to quit many times since I made the decision to return to school and get my bachelors degree in business. The reminder to look past the current crisis and focus on my goals gives me the perspective I need to keep moving forward. I anticipate with the start of every semester that feeling of hopelessness that I will not be able to understand, or accomplish the required assignments. But looking back I can reflect and see the hand of the Lord helping me and encouraging me to reach for my goals.
This week I read the devotional talk given by Elder and Sister Holland and was struck by something that Sister Holland said. She said, "Sometimes we cannot recognize the real purpose and significance of the moment which is ours to experience. That's because too many of us learn only through our head and not through our hearts!" I felt like she was speaking directly to me. I am a task oriented person and sometimes will focus more on the assignment than how I can apply that to my life. I like to check things off a list, but realize that by doing this I miss out on some of the most important lessons in life. It is my goal to live more in the moment and ponder the lessons I learn each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment