Monday, November 21, 2016

Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness

This week I read, "Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness (A Cautionary Tale)."  It spoke of the need that everyone has to achieve their goals and find happiness.  The older I get the more I feel like time is flying by, and I feel a greater urgency to make my mark in the world.  Instead of asking the question, "How Can I Be Happy?," we should be asking "How Can I Create Something Meaningful For Others?"  It is when we stop thinking of our own happiness, and seek to make others happy that we ultimately find joy.

I really loved the Buddhist quote to "Always act as if the future of the universe depends on what you do next, while laughing at yourself for thinking you can make a difference."  I don't yet know what my life calling will be, but I believe this life is a gift and my time here is limited.  My resolve is to wake up each day with the desire to seek out what I can do to make a difference in the world I live in.   I have unique talents and a hero's journey that only I can perform.  I will continue to develop my talents and pray to know how I can use them to bless others.

No comments:

Post a Comment