This week I would like to focus on the talk we read in class this week from Elder Dallin H. Oaks, titled "The Challenge to Become." In this talk he talks about how the Lord expects us to take the things we learn and instead of just knowing something, we need to become something. This requires much more than reading a textbook and finishing an assignment. It requires us to act on the things we learn so that we learn in our minds and in our hearts.
One thing in particular that he said really stuck with me, "Now is the time for each of us to work toward our personal conversion, toward becoming what our Heavenly Father desires us to become." I realize that I have been taught the things that I need right now, which are the essential elements of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Now I need to be converted so that what I know is who I become. This requires that I ACT on the promptings I receive to help and serve others. It is only in the action that I will truly understand the lessons that I am being taught.
No comments:
Post a Comment