This week I learned the importance of having integrity, and how it transcends all aspects of my life. I learned that integrity is the first virtue we all must have, and that it is necessary for all other values to build upon.
There were seven things listed in the talk, "True Blue, Through and Through," that helped me to take inventory of where I am, and where I want to be.
1.) Decide today, once and for all, that I will be worthy of trust.
2.) Have faith that the Lord can and will help me, and then diligently seek His help.
3.) Make covenants and keep them.
4.) Stand up for what I believe.
5.) Expect my integrity to be challenged.
6.) Don't give up.
7.) Renew my covenants with the Father and His Son to do what I came here to do.
I also had the opportunity to write down ethical guardrails, by writing a list of three "I will never" statements, and three "I will always" statements. Initially this sounded like an easy assignment, but it did require me to think about what is most important to me, and the legacy I want to leave behind. My family will always be my first priority, and seeing it on paper solidified for me the commitment I have made to them. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be deliberate and thoughtful as I plan out my life and the impact I want to make in this world.
No comments:
Post a Comment