Saturday, September 17, 2016

I added this class at the last minute and only had yesterday to read through the materials.  I don't know that I really understood what I was taking on or how it would make me feel.  As I read and watched the videos yesterday, I experienced a wide array of emotions.  I first felt fear, then stress and then excitement.  I prayed that I would be able to learn what it is that holds me back and that I would be able to overcome my fears.  

Organization and planning are two of my greatest strengths, but i'm finding that they can also be a weakness.  It is the unknown in being an entrepreneur that is terrifying.  I am also terrified of failure and being perceived as weak.  I guess the one thing that you learn as you get older is that failure and weakness are opportunities to break through the ruts that we get stuck in.

I'm looking forward to the opportunity to face my fears, and make plans for my future.  In one of my previous business classes I read the book, "Good to Great" by Jim Collins.  In this book he explains how important it is to fill our bus with good people who support our vision and who add to it.  I am grateful for the support I have from my family and friends, and I know that they will be there for me as I move forward to accomplish my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment